Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice Final Proposal : Connecting Communities
A long term dream of mine is to produce/curate an installation happening simultaneously in two different parts of the world. After last class and the Team Lab lecture I was really inspired to find a meaningful way to connect cities using Socially Engaged Art I want to build a foundation that will help me execute this idea.
One of the subjects that came up very often in this class is the use of materials and the power imbalance.
While thinking of ways to create green energy I thought what if there was an installation between 2 cities, powered by Play. Using the Sun and motion to power the energy needed to support the electricity needed.
While a pedaling bike in NY helps power the livestream camera to see the other side
One of the things that I think could help me with the grant process is presenting the social impact of art in marginalized communities.
https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/energy-consumption-calculator.html