Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 2

 Reddit and the Struggle to Detoxify the Internet

Top sites in the US: Google, YouTube, and Facebook

Reddit is made up of more than a million individual communities, or subreddits, some of which have three subscribers, some twenty million. 

Feedback Machine

  1. Use whatever digital tools you currently have to create a “public space” on the internet OR make an action in a social media context.


For my project I'm using email as a way to contact different people. Ultimately my goal is to connect a different group of people interested in sustainability, research, community engagement and art.
 
Most of the documentation is going in blog I created a few months ago.


What makes the internet “public”? What makes it private?

This questions makes me question what is private and what is public.
To me internet is a public as I see a large wall with multiple post-its of information. Every site with public access give information about any subject.
I don't really think of the internet as a private space, it is managed my multiple companies that use our data for profit. There are certain workarounds to keep certain communications "encrypted" or private but in general we are all living in a digital jungle.


Popular posts from this blog

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice week 9 - Project 2

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 5 Materials Presentation

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 3