Light & Interactivity: Week 10 Observation Assignment
Observation Assignment: Interior, lobby, hallway, or transitional space.
**I would rather not discuss my blog in class.
Lobby Space at a Doctor's office.
A few weeks ago I had to do another visit to the Doctor. So I took the opportunity to document the Lobby.
The interior ceiling lights in the Lobby were recessed cans. They had a warm yellow tone which contrast with the natural light coming in through a window and the glass door entrance. The office was located on the first floor of a building facing north so there was not a lot of direct light but it was enough to see that it was a Sunny day in March.
The recessed light create an office environment but they look more welcoming in real life. Aside from the light the art on display had a very specific subject. There were several images of green landscapes and flowers. It definitely made me feel like I had taken a time machine to sometime between the late 80's or early 90's.
When it was my turn to enter the doctor's office I noticed some sconce lights battling against a white fluorescent light. Initially I question the decision but later it was evident that it was an excellent choice. Once it was time for the exemptions and the fluorescent lights were out. The light directed towards the ceiling create a soothing environment.
And research further the art selection, more flowers.