Microbial ethics in an anti-colonial space faring future : week 4

First run at Kombucha making, instead of using sugar I wanted to use maple syrup just to see how it would respond.

 To make the Kombucha I used a newborn Scoby that came out from my first fermentation. Made the mix on Feb 17, as of today Feb 21 there has been no major development or fizziness.

I changed the scoby from the first fermentation to a larger container as the intention is to keep growing it. 



While looking for material to contaminate my SCOBY I found this very cool Cyanotype prints on Kombucha. Purchased some Blue Lotus tea to use as a dye and have the cyanotype emulsion ready,

Interesting

Printing Photos on Kombucha 

https://michaeladavidova.com/Kombucha-print

https://www.alternativeprocesses.org/printing-with-kombucha

Popular posts from this blog

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice week 9 - Project 2

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 5 Materials Presentation

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 3