P comp. Gearing toward finals project


For my final project I intend to use some of the knowledge from textile interfaces.  The idea of soft circuits is something that really interest me and seems to have a wide range of options for executing my ideas.

Initially I had 2 concepts in mind:

 Play Doh Object :

Play Doh is a conductive material also just dough (https://www.makerspaces.com/squishy-circuits/) The idea of making a soft conductive material from scratch really interest me but I couldn't think of a particular way to put the material into a tangible object. 

 Floating Fabric :

Inspired by Hans Hacke, Blue Sail, 1964-65 I was hoping to recreate the photo below but adding leds sewed one another with conductive thread. My hope to activate the Leds with wind. 


Things to Consider; 
Ratio and power of the fan

Materials Budgeting

Tulle✔, Led ✔ . Power source ?, arduino (lilypad?)

Time and Cost

User Guide

Reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGHlC1oZtJQ

Popular posts from this blog

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice week 9 - Project 2

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 5 Materials Presentation

Socially Engaged Art and Digital Practice : week 3